Traveling within Traveling.
We take a geography lesson this summer as we make the rounds to see family and friends.
From Grandma's house in Claresholm (A) to Calgary (B) then Edmonton (C) and also to Lethbridge (D) and Medicine Hat (E).
We definitely made our way around.
In Calgary playing with our cousins.
In Edmonton at the West Edmonton Mall,
aka largest mall in North America,
aka SO MUCH FUN!
(sorry that Daddy couldn't be there)
The West Edmonton Mall at 3.77 million sq feet was once the largest shopping mall until 2004 and it is still the largest mall in all of North and South America (it is still the 6th largest in the world). It has 800 stores and services as well as many attractions such as one of the largest amusement parks in the world and one of the largest water parks in the world! It has an indoor skating rink, an aquarium that includes a sea lion show, theaters, a themed hotel and restaurants and much much more!
The Roller Coaster.
I took Addi and Aunt J on this roller coaster with me. It was Addi's first "Big" Coaster! She was so excited and nervous at the same time. This coaster not only rolled, it's 'bucket' that you sat in would spin while you were coasting along the yellow colored track.
Spinning, rolling, coasting and screaming.
According to Addi, it was AWESOME!
Aunt J and I also road the 'Mindbender'! The largest indoor triple loop coaster in the world. No Addi included on this one.
The Legislator.
Edmonton is the capital city in Alberta and they have these amazing pools in front of their government buildings. It was a fun way to cool off on a hot summer day.
Harvest festival. One of the great things about Canada is that it celebrates it's cultural diversity. This was Edmonton's annual Cultural Festival. It was huge, crowded and fun. We were able to watch so many dance performances, demonstrations and sample food! Croatian doughnuts, Venezuelan food, Peruvian plate lunch, I'm not even sure I remember where some of the the food was from, all I remember was YUM!
Showing their skills, Lexi and Lei dance to the music.
Again and Again. Dancing where ever they felt the music.
Lethbridge.
It has always felt like a second home to me because it was the closest city growing up so that's where we would go for shopping. We made many trips to Lethbridge during our one month vacation, we were prepping an investment property before putting it on the market to sell. Somehow with all our trips to Lethbridge this summer I didn't take any pics so here are my substitutes. Thanks Google.
I pointed out the unique University of Lethbridge that is built into a hill to the kids.
Addi responded, "Is it like Monster's University?"
Medicine Hat. I never knew that it was also known as the Gas City, maybe that has been added since Uncle J moved there ;) Again, I didn't take any pics so I had to improvise.
Back to Grandama's house where the kids make music of their own.
Traveling tuckers out these three year olds.
Can't get enough cousin fun.
Claresholm Fair Day Parade.
For a town of 3500 people, they sure know how to put on a great small town parade!
Ausi waved to every float that went by.
I thought it was very fitting to end our Summer Adventure posts with this guy waving good bye.




.jpg)




2 comments:
I love your pics of your adventure! I want to go to that mall! I can't wait to see more. You guys really had an amazing summer!
That mall looks amazing! Your kids are so cute. I think that some of my favorite pictures are of you and Ausi chilling. So cute! He is getting so grown up. Glad I can live through vicariously through your adventures.
Post a Comment