Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I {heart} St. George!


This is what Spring Break is all about!






This is an emphatic NO. 
No one wanted swim time to end.

Movie Time!  
We took the kids to 'The Croods', from then on there was a lot of 'Dun dun Duuun!' on our trip.





This is Kolob Canyon
(dun dun duuun!!)




Bryce Canyon.  
Daddy and Mommy first visited Bryce Canyon National Park around 8 years ago and have always wanted to go back.  It was a bit of a drive away but definitely worth it!


This is how we 'hoodo'.









Fearless Explorers.






Thor's Hammer.
"Where's my HAMMER!!!"  We found it!  This iconic hoodoo proudly represents Bryce's Canyon.




  Happy, content and hiking.  
Ausi is a super champ hanging out in the baby hiker.


Natural Bridge   
Nearing the end of the day the sun is starting to lower and the colors of the rock are changing with the natural shading from shadows mixed with the red rock.




Blooming Beauty.

We visit Grandma and Grandpa Dewey's grave site.


Lei seems more interested in smelling the roses.


Addi wants to make sure they are placed perfectly.


"Riding along on a carousel
Trying to catch up to you
Riding along on a carousel
Will I catch up to you"


"Round and round and round and round and round
And round and round and round with you
Up, down, up, down, up, down too" (the hollies)


Looky Looky who we ran into!  Its always a party with our cousins!

and food ;)

I love the splash park! (I wish we had one closer)  The kids seemed to like it too.  They are starting to become a little more adventurous and not so timid to all the surprises that come at this park.









Snow Canyon.





The name can be deceiving, but this is really a giant sand box!




Building Castles.

Smashing Castles.



Mommy helps the girls build mermaid tails.


And one big giant hole.  This was the most exciting thing for the girls.  This hole was about 6 feet deep, 4 feet wide.  I don't know who dug it (or why) but I wish I knew how long it took them.





Goodness, I should have taken a picture of the bath tub and the amount of sand that came off these kids!  It didn't seem to matter how much we brushed them and had them shake off the sand, it was everywhere.



And like most our vacations, 
we know we are doing something right when the kids can't last through dinner!

Can't wait to do this all again next spring break!

**BLOOPERS**
Kids. I took 528 photos on this vaca all because of the faces the kids were giving me.  You would think that they would be use to the camera by now.
Addi is always complaining about the sun in her eyes, even when the sun is behind her.

Oh Lexi, this is what she gives me when I ask her to smile.  
It's three or four takes till I get a picture of her relaxed and smiling.

Leighton is a hard subject.  She will not look at the camera.  
If I get a picture of her looking- its a fluke!


















3 comments:

The Magalogo Family said...

Looks like an awesome trip! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous fun and great pics. They are getting so grown up. You guys are a little too outdoorsey to be related to me. Ha! I will have to live vicariously through you and your overachieving. Hopefully we will see you soon. Love you guys!

Kirse May said...

We want to go to Southern Utah next Spring Break - your pictures are marvelous - such beauty! And the rocks are okay too!

Followers

Blog Archive