Monday, June 2, 2014

Spring Has Sprung

Starting our April off, Lexi has something she wants to tell you,

Happy April Fools! 

The kids get EGG-static for Easter, 

These kiddo's do a terrific job of coloring and dying Easter eggs. 

Spring also means the beginning of our 2014 Bear World season.  Now that we have all finished our winter hibernation we are excited to get out and enjoy our pleasant spring weather.



Family Selfie on a spinning ride.  
Unlike the kids, Mommy does not do spinning rides very well. 



Against my dislike for crowds and community organized Easter egg hunts, we took the kids to the bear world Easter egg hunt.  And despite the crowd, the kids had fun.



In our Easter Attire.

It looks like the Easter Bunny hide some eggs in the yard too!














Easter dinner would not be complete without chocolate bunnies for dessert!




One of Austin's favortie (and adorable) phrases,
"Mmmm, goood." 

Lexi stars as the littlest billy goat in the "three billy goats gruff" at preschool. 
Cousin B is the grumpy troll.



Riding in the car, 
talking on your toy phone, 
having a conversation with your sister, 
who is in the same car, 
sitting right behind you.
Today's version of pretend play.

Looking at the fish.

Our little Ariel, perched on her rock, 
striking her iconic arched back pose while singing her AH, AH, AHHH, Ah, Ah, Ahhh!


Babe's and Spaghetti.  
Every kid does it, every parent thinks it's adorable.



This will be forever remembered as an epic moment from Leighton.  
I walked into the family room to find Leighton laying on the floor face down.  
I pasused and then asked, "Leighton, are you okay?"

To which she raised her head and looked at me and replied,
"I have issues."
And then put her head back down.
Completley understanding how she felt, I left her to her to it.

Another kid with issue is this little man.  
He will literally come and lay down on the floor at my feet and will want me to put my feet on top of him.  If I take my feet off, he will whine and motion to me to put my feet back on top of him. 
Issues.
They say April showers will bring May flowers.  This must be true because we dug up all of our tulips last summer and forgot to replant them in the fall, but some tulips still managed to bloom in our flower bed this spring.


 Where's Austin?



Addison has had loose teeth since the fall, but has not lost any.  
I discovered that one of her permanent teeth was coming in behind her loose tooth and so we encouraged her to wiggle her baby tooth as much as she could.  
After a lot of over the top dramatics (such is our Addi) the baby tooth finally fell out!

First lost tooth to put in her tooth fairy pillow!

Her note to the tooth fairy:
Dear Tooth Fairy,
My name is Addison and I am 7 years old.  Today I lost my first tooth. I want to ask you a question. Do you give extra money on Sunday?  Write yes or no here -->
Love, Addison

The tooth fairy does not pay extra on Sundays, 
but she did leave a note with money congratulating her for losing her first tooth and she said that she does pay double it's your first tooth.  
Addi was very excited about that!


This is truely Lexi.  
She thinks crossing her eyes is the best trick in the book.


Every little brother has one of these pictures taken at some point
 for the purpose of future embarrassment or black mail.

Leighton loves to read stories to her imaginary kids.  
I love how she always crosses her legs when pretending to be a mommy.

Austin walking in Daddy's shoes.
More big changes.  
We finally expanded our fence to include the side yard.  
More space to run around this summer but still be fenced in.










Its only spring but some of our temperatures have been feeling more like summer already.  
But we're not complaining.
 Mommy's rule is "you can not complain about the heat in Idaho".

I think our girls really need to live near a beach (mommy too).  Sand under a swing set will have to do.










No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive