Addi turns 6!
This birthday was very exciting for both Addison and us. We were blessed to have Addi begin our family and our new lives after almost 6 years of waiting. It's not surprising that these last 6 seemed to go by a lot quicker than the first 6. We have had a lot happen in these last six years, but I couldn't help but reflect on the memories I had of hoping, praying and longing for the day when our home would be blessed with a sweet little spirit. The memories of excitement and anticipation because we were given 6 months notice to prepare for her arrival, or the memories I had of being there when my Addi was born, a bitter sweet gift that meant the world to me. And every single memory we have been able to create with her since that day.
Addi began her birthday with a surprise treat- a Birthday Doughnut!
Lunch was a birthday girls request.
With a candle (and why not, it's a birthday)!
Mommy attempts to use her creativity by making a paint set cake for the little artist.
Then it's party time!
Not sure how many kids we had at Addi's party. She was sent to school with 20 party invites in her backpack and a note asking her teacher to please help her put one invite in each of the girls backpacks. When Addi came home I checked her bag and the only thing that was in there was a note back from the teacher saying that there were 12 girls in the class. I asked Addi where the remaining 8 invites were, and with a big grin on her face she told me that she saw that she had extra invites so she handed them out on the bus!!
Decorating with lots of color! I asked Daddy to put balloons across the mantel, and this is what I got. Let's just say, Daddy's do things, well ummm....differently.
Showing off our creative flare.
Lots of kids and lots of fun.
Little sister Lexi wanting to be right with all of all the big kids (bottom right).
Happy Birthday our little 6 year old! and many more to come.
3 comments:
She's is getting so grown up! cute cake at the party...time flies!
I can't believe she is 6?! Such a cute party and such a fabulous cake. You did an amazing job. Can't wait to see you and your fabulous kids soon.
That party is no joke - well done! And happy birthday!
Post a Comment